The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) will celebrate its 60th anniversary this October, and promises to be bigger than ever. Opening on October 30th, the show will feature a fleet of superyachts, sport fishing vessels, go-fast boats, submersibles and everything in between.
New this year:
- The Superyacht Village - a special area dedicated to superyachts and superyacht enthusiasts. The Superyacht Village can accommodate yachts measuring up to 400 feet and comes complete with a 3.5 acre on-land exhibition space. It will house exhibits by renowned shipyards and manufacturers of yacht toys including personal submarines, helicopters, exotic automotive and other luxury items which compliment the superyacht lifestyle.
- The Superyacht Village will be located at a new site, 'Pier South'. This new location expands the show to a total of 3 million square feet, all connected by a network of water and ground transportation.
- The Windward VIP Club will have a spectacular new on-water location in the heart of the show at Bahia Mar. This new on-water VIP experience will feature an arched tent with outdoor terraces as well as a luxury premium open bar and gourmet food offerings and a Cigar Lounge presented by Delta Private Jets. the Windward VIP Club will host exclusive experiences including wine tastings, the show's signature Gosling’s Rum Dark & Stormy Island Bar, and events by Delta Private Jets and Ulysse Nardin.
- Mansion Yacht is the first yacht made entirely of stainless steel and will be docked behind the Windward VIP Club for exclusive guests to enjoy. The yacht measures 84 feet in length and 40 feet across and has four hydraulic legs allowing it to stand up in the water. Tours and events at the Mansion Yacht are by invitation only. Please book your tour or event now by visiting the Mansion Yachts website.
- 262 foot Excellence is the newest superyacht in the show and will be on display at the Superyacht Village. FLIBS marks only the second appearance of Excellence since its debut in May.
- The Superyacht Village will also host the Sunset Soiree, the second annual Best Yacht Chef Competition. Be sure to be there on Friday 1st November at 7pm to witness the world's leading yacht chefs in gastronomic battle.
- The NBC Sports Network will once again feature a one hour special giving a behind-the-scenes look at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. The program will also reveal the winner of the 'Best in Show' award for the most innovative new boat model design on display.
This year’s show will feature over 1,500 boats and 1,200 exhibitors, with more than 110,000 visitors from around the world expected to attend. FLIBS spans seven waterfront locations across three million square-feet of exhibit space, including the Bahia Mar Yachting Center, Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Pier Sixty-Six Marina, Pier Sixty-Six South, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
About The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
Owned by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) and produced by Informa Markets, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) is recognized as the largest in-water boat show in the world.
For more information, visit FLIBS.com.